Sunday, July 20, 2008

Money money MoneY


I'm feeling very guilty.
In this recent months of dire straights and financial difficulties (where depending on the bank ) the standard variable rate home loan is at 9.58 per cent , BF and I have been spending like there is no tmr.
Things spent over the past few weeks -
  1. Golf set - for him (from me)
  2. A golf putter - for him
  3. A golf driver - for him
  4. Snowboarding boots - for him
  5. Snowboarding pants - for me
  6. Snowboarding hoodie - for me
  7. Snowboard bags - from me for us
  8. Flight tickets to Japan for 2 (from him for us)
  9. Accommodation deposit for Japan for 2 (from him for us)
  10. Leather boots - for me
  11. Snowboarding trip - Mt Buller for 2
  12. A Hugo Boss suit - for him (I'm expensing 1/2)
  13. A Hugo Boss shirt - for him
  14. 5 sessions with the personal trainer - for me
  15. Some beauty products purchase - Kose, Clinique, Benefit

This does not cover my unexpected trip to Malaysia and the medical and other miscellaneous expenses that came with.

On top of that, my best friend is coming to Mel later on for a month, a mates wedding, a few more snowboarding trips, our trip to Europe coming up in October, trip to Malaysia next Easter for the wedding preps and the trip later the same yr for our wedding.

On top of that we both want new snowboarding jackets and have yet to finalise our tix and accommodations for Bruges and Amsterdam and football tix for a Premier League match in England. OMG!

Don't get me wrong - it is not like we are strapped for cash and we have all this debt on credit - we don't. The credit rating is still pristine and we are not struggling to pay the mortgage + bills. We also put away money monthly although saying that, without all these "expenses", the bank balance would have been much healthier if you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah - I know that we can't take it to the grave yadda yadda but perhaps.. mayhaps.. hmmm..

Yeah it will be nice to have a bigger place but that means getting a bigger mortgage. Or if we go down the other track of saying it will be nice to go out on every weekend like what I used to do before, it literally means drinking the money away PLUS most probably feeling like shit the next day.

It is a lifestyle choice now isn't it?

2 comments:

gravtkills said...

well enjoy it while u can...thats how i would do it

mala said...

tell me about it... it certainly is a choice of lifestyle.. i think of it more often than not these days but nothings chnaging. I say enjoy while you can too.. xx