Sunday, October 12, 2008

Why I still am doing what I am doing..


SEPTEMBER marked my 8 yrs working for this particular company. Over the past yrs, I have seen it being taken over (the term used was "merging"), moved roles, taken up responsibilities, worked with and reported to numerous team members, lived out of a suitcase and even moved to another country!

I wonder sometimes why I do what I do, why I am still here despite knowing that I am able to get a lot more (financially) if I had/have moved.

What I do know is that I find myself constantly challenged in this role, my manager gives me enough leeway to do what I do, I work flexi-times when possible and am still motivated despite the yrs and I enjoy what I do. It is not all about the money - it is also the lifestyle choices it allows one to do.

And when you do get appreciated and recognised not by your peers but by your clients - it is no wonder I am still here.

The large bouquet above was sent by a Brissy practice I have been doing this project work - and definitely put a cheer and a smile on this girl's face for the weekend.

No comments: