Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Broke - but celebrating ....


It is done. I am now a property owner.
My offer was accepted and I have received the signed contract by the vendors. Next will be paying the deposit (it was a private sale hence there is more time for certain things esp with all the holidays we are having) and then settlement in March 2009.
I am still surprised that my offer was accepted! The offer was slightly below what the vendors were after. Plus, I knew that the agent was going to the vendors with another offer at 6pm and when I did not hear anything from the agent by 730pm.. I resigned myself to the fact that I did not get it and had even started looking for other potentials.
Received the call from the agent around 8ish and he says that even though the other offer was higher, my offer was better in terms of settlement and long term rent-back etc so its mine!
Just got back from the conveyancer but there you go. Am officially broke - but in a good way :)

6 comments:

Wandernut said...

Hey there :)

Congrats on being a homeowner!! :)

And Merry Christmas to you too.

You're welcome to lurk at me blog anytime, anytime.

Took a quick look at yours and wow, you are quite a traveller. I hope to be able to do that one day :) I've never even been to London for goodness sake.

Happy holidays!

Mirebella said...

Thanks Wandernut. Its a big step but it was part of last yrs resolution believe or not..hahaha.. better late than never ;).

Wont be able to travel as much now that I am BROKE :p. London is fun, but slightly overated - Spain is my new fav European city :))

Happy Hols to you too!

Unknown said...

Heya, thanks for dropping by. Congratulations on being a house owner - lots of responsibilities there but wattaheck eh?

Merry Christmas and a successful 2009 wishes to you! :-)

Kiersten said...

Hey there! Congrats! :)

Pictures please. :D

Mirebella said...

Ms Pinky - Thanks! Pics will only come up later tho - when we move in :)

mala said...

i can so relate to your post. just got a place myself and the passion for travel did get compromised.. but instaed of giving up totally i'm gonna do more of SEA to go easy on the $$.. :)

happy new year!! xx