Monday, November 1, 2010

Playing tourist VIC - Tesselaar Tulip Festival

Well I haven't been blogging as I have been too busy - BUSY PLAYING TOURIST!!
Lol, the problem with living someplace is that we tend to get lazy and go with the usual phrase " I'll do it next time, it is not going to run away". Unfortunately, that is not true. Seasons change, ppl change, heck, there might be a mishap * touch wood* and where does that leave us? Regrets.

I have decided that I will not take life for granted, I WILL go and try new things, I WILL go and DO new stuff ~ however mundane, trivial or silly ~ it is all for fun. After all, I am not getting younger by the day.

As such, after years of putting it off - this year Mel and I played tourist and headed to the annual tulip festival in Silvan, VIC. It runs for around 4 weeks and this yr it was on September 16th to October 17th 2010. There is a cover of $18 (Concession $15, Under 16 free). There is usually a theme run to go with the week and when we went it was the Irish Week!

The trip itself was gorgeous as Silvan is on the foot of the Dandenong ranges so it is green, leafy and calming. Silvan itself is well known for its nurseries and fruit farms so I did enjoy my mini road trip.

Will leave with pics till the next playing tourist series :)






3 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my fav. flower.. huhuhu wish I was there... I LOVE TULIPS and darl its gorgeous indeed...

Mirebella said...

Kay - it was lovely indeed. Thats the thing about living in a seasonal country - the flora and fauna are damn pretty! I usually have some fresh cut flowers at home too :)

Mirebella said...

Oh -and I didnt realise that there was sooo many types of tulips! The Dutch, English, French and Turkish tulips. So different but yet soo pretty!