Saturday, March 2, 2013

My lil man turns 1 (month)

Oh my, I can see why parents say 'enjoy the moment' and ' time flies quickly so enjoy the moment' - with a wink of an eye, my lil man has turned 4 weeks!

So far, I'm amazed by the amount of diapers he has gone through and am equally amazed with how easily I have taken to changing diapers ~ I've always thought that diaper changing would be my least fav task to do ~ but like a duck taking to water, it's not actually been that bad.

The lack of sleep was also something I've been able to handle as fortunately, I've always been able to manage with minimal sleep. Furthermore because I'm still on maternity leave, I've been giving BF the lie-in opportunity so he takes the 530am feeds while I do the rest.

I did struggle with breast feeding tho. No one ever tells you how difficult breast feeding is especially at the start where your nipples are being chewed on (rather roughly too) by a newborn and coupled with cracked nipples, engorgement and improper latching - my first week was horrid. I had to supplement with formula to enable my lil man to eat as I wasn't producing enough milk at the start. I was also expressing so the nipples had time to heal and to reduce engorgement but am slowly getting the hang of things.

Huge learning curve, but am enjoying the challenge. He's gained weight which is also reassuring.

Next post - the post partum recovery journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he is beyond gorgeous!!! glad to hear you are doing so well with mothering!love to you all! x