Sunday, April 6, 2008

The quest to keep fit

I am guilty as charged - I have never been a fan of exercise.

Call me a couch potato, call me plain lazy .. *whatever* .. but at the end of the day, it would take something really convincing to get out on a cold day and actually get my ass onto any type of exercise.

Well, lets get some things straight though. I do like walking (especially when it is combined with shopping) or on the days I take public transport to work. I have walked from St Kilda to Southbank on a whim but the simple thought of going to gym just makes me go all blank and decidingly less enthusiastic.

I must say however, I have been quite successful with my current resolutions and despite some slow starts, I have been rather consistent and have been getting my sorry lil ass up.

The initial mental block is still there and I still abhor going when say I am exhausted and all I want to do is lay down on the couch with my feet up and the telly on but min 3 days a week, I head to the gym where I go through the motions of 40 - 45 mins of cardio and a series of rep to tone and strengthen the upper body.

I read recently that the most common New Yrs resolution is to start going to gym/exercise but like most resolutions; these either fall over by the 1st or 2nd month or even don't get started at all! I am 4 months in and admittedly, it is baby steps yet, but I am adamant that I will keep to it this time around.

2 comments:

Nadie said...

keep at it sweetie. I was like you as well.. in fact I still am! lol

But I've been going to the gym for nearly one and a half years now. And the weight loss/muscle build up which I have slowly attained motivates me to at least crawl through my program.

:D

GoRgEoUs CeO said...

darling,

I'm being forced to hit the gym like almost everyday. hehe.

Anyways, congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!