Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kitchen stories/Pregnancy cravings -cucur udang

Ever since I've been pregnant, my food wants have decreased to a point where BF complains that he doesn't get fed anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still cook but my appetite has gone down so much that I can't even spicy food anymore, leaving BF to eat what I've cooked - leftovers that could last days. I have been fortunate not to get any morning sickness at all, it's just that I don't feel like eating anymore.

Now that I am in my 2nd trimester, I find my appetite slowly making a comeback but it's more towards my mum's cooking. Unfortunately, living a whole continent away doesn't help which means I have no option but try to replicate her dishes, with her recipes. My mum however has never been one to stick to recipes - preferring to dabble with a lil bit of this and a lil bit of that. Never a good thing for a novice like yours truly.

I have been pretty successful in my attempts tho - apparently I am also quite handy with adjusting recipes on the fly so the kitchen stories has grown.

Today's attempt was cucur udang :)

No comments: