Monday, June 29, 2009

Up and Down the hill she went..

So its happens.

BF and I went to Mt Buller as we did last yr but the rush feeling just isn't there anymore. I blame it on being "spoilt" by Hakuba Japan. The snow fields didn't feel as fluffy - instead it felt more like boarding on a sheet of ice.

Furthermore, any falls simply sets the bones a-jarring and I came out with a sprained wrist and a slight neck-ache after taking a rather nasty spill on the simplest run there was! Blame it on whats-so-not, I fare better on the intermediate runs than on the easier runs where newbies try their luck.

I don't think we will be going back to Buller, at least not for this season - or the next either. We are planning a weekend trip some time in Aug with some mates up to Falls Creek which ought to be fun but depending on how things pan-out, we might head back to Japan - to Shiga Kogen this time.

For now, my board and snowboots are put up to dry and into storage.

No comments: