Thursday, June 11, 2009

$$$ blues



Have been feeling blue re: my current state of finances.

I get logged online to check my account balances and it is just too bloody depressing!

Am just wondering where is the cash trickling to? Its been quite a while since I've shopped (last major spree was back in KL during the Easter break) and most of my larger spend goes on the CC - so where does it go???

Its been that bad that I am resorting to jotting down every single cash spend so I get to know where it goes - sigh.

So far, my cash spend has indicated that the cash goes to:
  1. My occasional cuppa mocha/skinny latte on the days I work from the office
  2. Hot chocolate fixes during weekends

Thus, nothing fancy really... so WHAT THE???

On top of that, I have both the rego and yearly car insurance due early next month so there goes a big chunk of this months salary. There is also the other bills that I offered to pay this last month (as opposed to going halves) as BF has home content insurance and the body corporate fees this month.. I also have to transfer money home as my CC bill in due - it just keeps getting better doesn't it - not!

Maybe the reality that I am now paying mortgage is still sinking in. Yes, I am renting my place out now but the rent is not covering my full mortgage and I am still paying 30% of the mortgage and that is taking a chunk of what was savings.

BF sensed my doom and gloom and cheered me up buy getting me a pair of Calvin Klein jeans when we headed down to Chadstone last weekend and I got myself my tried and true Levi's (the mid-year sales are on now and we were just doing our bit for the economy - all on the CC of course) but that was only a temporary perk up and its starting to hit me yet again.

With the wedding looming, an impending house move on the same month and the expenses to keep the house in tip-top condition as we are selling our current place - it doesn't seem like I am going to see any substantial increase to my bank account anytime soon. :(

No comments: