Thursday, August 6, 2009

To Board ...or not to Board..

So much has happened over the past few weeks that it feels like a whirlwind and I am caught up in a swoop of activity.

More so that I am actually at home right now, called in sick and am trying to recuperate. After all, I rather be healthy and doing what I do best than working at half strength and barely coping.

Anyways, over one of those weekends, BF had these urge of getting a new snowboard. Ok, I lied - it wasn't an urge. He has been wanting a new snowboard for quite a while. Don't get me wrong, our current Option snowboards work well, but then again - I am not as fussed. BF on the otherhand has been wanting a new snowboard ever since we came back from Japan earlier this yr.

So he's been browsing - and after much looking he knew that he wanted a specific type of board - some new technology Lib-tech technology on a banana board which apparently hugs snow irrespective of the type of snow it is.


At the end - it was between these 2 here - the black was a T-Rice board the green was a Park Pickle board - both not cheap as it was well within the 4 figure category and that is without binding! Oh well, the thing with BF is, he likes buying good stuff which in most cases screams "Expensive" but it keeps him happy and it would last him for a while ~ plus it keeps him happy and it IS his money after all.




At the end of the day - the final outcome is the T-Rice board and with bindings - should keep BF a well truly happy chappy when we hit the slopes at yr end.
As for me - I think I shall stick to my tried and true Option GT Girl board for at least 2 more seasons. Lol.

No comments: