Monday, July 27, 2009

Theft in the neighbourhood




Things have been up-to-my-neck-busy and to make things even worse, my car got broken into last Monday!

Fortunately, I don't really keep anything of value in the car *I can read the Melways hence never had a need for a GPS*. My coin compartment was still intact but the glove compartment was ransacked and due to frustration most likely - all of my service records, KM claim book etc was thrown all over the road.

The funny part is, I noticed the shatter from home and at first glance, I thought it was just ice as it was quite cold the night before but on closer inspection, it was a bit weird coz only the drivers side window was "icy" - the rest were fine. Went in for a closer look and *yeah*, the drivers side window was shattered. Being tempered, it was shattered - but as it was windy - all it needed was a strong gust of wind for it to smash into smithereens.

Oh well, ran around to get the police report run and finally with the help of duct-tape and a clear sheet of plastic, I was on my way to Bendigo - albeit a few hours late.
post note: My neighbours sisters car got broken into last Sun (exactly 7 days after mine was), and it was parked exactly where my car was parked the week before. The scary part is - she was only visiting and was away for all of 10 minutes. Thank God I'm moving.

1 comment:

Maya Nizwa said...

hey dear!

How's wedding prep going? You'll be fine, don't worry.

My car got broke into just like yours in March (twice!) and that made us sold it. Haven't bought a new one just yet. It's pretty scary now thinking about it.