Wednesday, December 22, 2010

From my kitchen .. Fruit mince pie pt 1

Since it is close to Christmas and all, BF has been having this massive thing for fruit mince pies "Like mum used to make" .. maybe its an English thing, maybe as it is still rather chilly in Melbourne?

Since I do have this extra time on my hands, I decided to keep my man happy and instead of using the premix mince filling and store bought tart, do the whole hop and make one from scratch! I did cut corners somewhat with the fruit mix tho, instead of buying individual items, I used fruit mix which is essentially the same thing but with bits of lemon in it.

Recipe to follow with pt2, but in the meantime...


Step 1 - Dice fruit (currants, sultanas, glazed cherries, cored and peeled Granny Smith apple)

Step 2 - Mix following ingredients with diced fruit (brown sugar, breakfast marmalade, rum or brandy *I used dark rum*)

Step 3 - Let the well mixed fruit soak for 2 days....
to be continued...


No comments: