Friday, March 21, 2008

Melbourne Comedy Festival 2008



The annual Melbourne Comedy Festival is in town.. *whoo hooo*. I try to make it to at least a few shows each yr, and lets be honest - rather than pissing the $$ on drinks or even a movie, I rather catch a good act - be it a play, ballet, symphony and most definitely a live act.


I managed to get tix for Russell Peters again this yr; and might I say I was laughing from start to end at Russell's - he IS much better in person and being that this yr is my 2nd time catching him "live", he is and much to my enjoyment in his own words "First Class!" (and say that with a very VERY strong Indian accent) ;)


Ross Noble is on this Sun - and an added bonus is us having this nice long weekend. I hear he is quite good and I am looking fwd in simply not doing anything and hopefully some "Ha-Ha's" long the way! I did go to some less than stellar acts last yr - supporting the up-and-coming comedians but perhaps it is the lack of experience, not being able to read the crowd or simply because the just weren't that good - some of these acts were rather disappointing. This time around I am going for the more established comedians.. so fingers crossed!

No comments: