Sunday, March 16, 2008

Work whinge pt1





Let me tell you this, travelling on a Sun ESPECIALLY when it is not for a holiday is NOT fun. Business travel that eats into your personal weekend time is a pet peeve and I am definitely looking forward to the end of the project and when life gets to back to some resemblance of normalcy. BF has fortunately been supportive; but it is more sooner rather than later when he is going to be whinging of the fact that I am more away than around. After all 80% of my time this month has been spent AWAY from Mel and 1 day (2 nights) in Mel this week and off I go to Queensland this time around.
There is 1 silver lining to all this travel tho; it has taken me away from the extreme heats currently hitting Victoria. Sydney only experienced at most the highs to 30' last week and Brisbane is currently at a mild 27' - and when it has been all around min's of 30-32' all of last week (high's up to 40') in Mel - I am not complaining (as much).
Well, am taking advantage of the good services of the Qantas Club whilst I await my connecting to Rockhampton (aka Cattle capital of Australia). Plenty of others also waiting for their flights away. I am filled with some envy at those exotic names such as Nadi (Fiji), Noumea or Port Vila (Vanuatu) and if time permits, I am already thinking of taking a long weekend getaway for a bout of snowboarding later on this few months ( I am not really a beach bunny).
Time for happy thoughts .. a mere few weeks...that's all there is... a mere few weeks to bliss ..*or here's to hoping*

1 comment:

gravtkills said...

u must be raking up all those mileage to be used to some fun location